Ten more tracks to tickle your fancy for another week. I found Billie Eilish’s new track, Bury A Friend a great intro to her work. The new album due out soon seems like it’s going to be one to listen out for. Joni Mitchell’s The Jungle Line surprised me somewhat, not least because it’s a synth-led track from a jazz-folk artist, but it makes a good pairing with Eilish.
From there we got a smattering of reggae, punk and hip hop before Beck’s Super Cool, which as the song over the credits is a highlight of The Lego Movie 2 (I don’t mean that to sound so damning – watch the film – the credits are great, as The Lonely Island are only too happy to tell you in the song).
Allison Miller is an outstanding drummer and her new jazz project is well worth exploring. And then we finish up with the iconic guitar riff of Television’s Marquee Moon and the iconic strings riff of Sigur Rós’s soaring Hoppípolla.
1. bury a friend by Billie Eilish
2. The Jungle Line by Joni Mitchell
3. Everybody Bawling by The Melodians
4. Straight to Hell by The Clash
5. Tints by Anderson .Paak feat. Kendrick Lamar
6. CHANCES by KAYTRANADA & Shay Lia
7. Super Cool by Beck feat. Robyn & The Lonely Island
8. Daughter and Sun by Allison Miller’s Boom Tic Boom
9. Marquee Moon by Television
10. Hoppípolla by Sigur Rós